Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vintage Halloween Blow Molds

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I was away for the weekend but now I'm back!

As mentioned last week, Halloween is one of my favourite holidays. I am always on the lookout for cool, vintage Halloween decorations. On a recent trip to ONS (Ottawa Neighbourhood Services) I found my first vintage light up blow mold! and it was only $3! At first I wasn't sure if it worked as it had no bulb but....
Viola, it worked! I don't have an outside outlet in the front of my house so I decided to display it indoors in my front hall. It's like having a large scale nightlight!

Blow molds are getting more difficult to find since many blow mold manufacturers have gone out of business.
  
You many recall having used one of these blow molds to collect treats on Halloween night. I managed to find a vintage Empire Plastic Jack-O'Lantern treat holder for $1 at the Goodwill. Empire Plastics is no longer in business.


My last vintage Halloween find is a paper decoration by the Beistle Co. which are made in the U.S.A. This company was founded in 1900 in Pittsburgh, PA and has become one of the largest American Halloween novelty producers. This decoration dates  from the 1950-60s. This decoration was a steal for only 29cents!! I couldn't believe it when I saw what these were going for on Ebay.


Have a thrifty day!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment