Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weekend Round Up ~ Vintage Thrifty Finds


This week I managed to hit up some of my favourite thrift stores and scored some great vintage finds.
Here's what I found...


Let's take a closer look


I absolutely fell in love with this glass cookie/candy jar! I'm not sure if it's vintage, but I adore the graphics. It's a chalkboard with various school related motifs and being a teacher it suits me perfectly! Price $1.99


A Pyrex Snowflake 1 1/2 quart divided casserole dish. I have a small collection of vintage pyrex but this is my first piece of this series. The colours of this dish work nicely with my Turquoise Amish Butterprint Nesting Bowls
I just wish it had it's matching lid. Price $2.99


An adorable strawberry bowl with lid made by Rubel in Japan. Very Kitschy!! Price $1.50


An interesting kitchen garnishing tool from the 70s made by German Westmark Decorex-Spezial. This tool has several uses including making butter curls!
Price $2


A pair of vintage glass lamps. Unfortunately they don't work but with some re-wiring they will be fabulous in my daughter's room! Now I just have to find some great lamp shades.
Price $6.99 each


Anchor Hocking Milk Glass serving plate and a pedestal bowl with Scalloped Cut Heart Edge -Old Colony Pattern. This brings my collection up to 5 pieces. Price $3.50 for the set


A fantastic large tablecloth with great colours. Most of the vintage tablecloths I find are small in size but this one covers my entire dining room table. I absolutely love the peacock and rose details!
Price $3.99

Total cost of this weeks vintage finds $29.95! 


Do you have any vintage collections? 

Hope your weekend was as thrifty as mine!

AJ


1 comment:

  1. That strawberry dish from Japan is very interesting. Those are great prices on the all the dishware.

    ReplyDelete