Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kitschy Kitchen Finds

It's the beginning of November and I managed to find some amazing kitschy kitchen items at fantastic prices. 

November's Kitschy Kitchen Finds!
I found these 2 identical Santa tin trays made in the USA by Hallmark at Sally Ann. The screened Santa is so jolly and sweet ~ love his high-heeled boots. They were priced right at 99 cents a piece but the cashier only charged me 79 cents! I love a good deal...not sure I need two but I'm sure I can find a home for the other one. Can't wait to use them to serve some festive cocktails!

"My Kitchen Prayer" plastic wall plaque made in the US by Dicksons Inc. Copyright 1957 and inspired by Nellie Pease Gorbett. The 50s graphics are amazing! I couldn't pass it up for 29 cents.


A Franciscan Sundance divided dish which is in excellent vintage condition.

The Sundance pattern came out in 1972 and was made in England. SA had quite a few pieces in this pattern but I only picked up this piece for $2.99.
Saint Vincent's was having a 50% off sale on all housewares and I picked up this 50s glass pitcher for 50 cents. It has an embossed floral motif on both sides. Perfect for water or your favourite juice.
I'm not sure this cereal bowl and matching plate are vintage but I love the graphics ~so bright and cheerful! It's made in Japan and perfect for my daughter's morning cereal. It was sold as a set with utensils for $1.99.

My last kitschy kitchen find is this large yellow pyrex mixing bowl.
There are no chips or cracks just some scratch marks. I thought it was priced right at $1.99 scratches and all!




What kitschy kitchen finds do you pick up this week?

Linking up with...


Until we thrift again...
AJ

7 comments:

  1. Great finds!!! I never find great items like that in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow Pyrex bowl was a steal! I found a couple cool things thrifting this week, but haven't taken photos of them yet - some Gurley Christmas candles and some mid-century cocktail glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your Gurley Christmas candles! I hope to find some in time for the holidays.

      Delete
  3. The cereal bowl with the face is from the 80s or earlier. My sister & I had it growing up. There are others in the set. Like this one:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/107767625/interpur-childs-meal-set-face-bowl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer for the link! I just wish I found the matching mug as well...

      Delete
  4. I love that Japanese bowl and plate! So cute. Great finds all around :)
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete