Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pyrex, Federal and FireKing!!

I thought I would change gears from vintage Christmas finds and post about some recently acquired vintage Pyrex, Federal and FireKing bowls.



My first Federal glass mixing bowl! I was quite excited to pick up this beauty a couple of weeks ago at Salvation Army for $1.99! It's in mint condition.


A #401 Horizon Blue Geometric Pyrex mixing bowl for 99 cents from SA.


 Another Federal milk glass mixing bowl with a modern sunflower pattern, paid $1.99 from SA.



2 Pyrex Butterprint fridgies, paid a $1.50 for the pair sans lids from BFM.



Another #401 Pyrex Blue Mixing Bowl for 99 cents from SA. Condition is not the greatest but I love using them for cut veggies and fruit.



2 Federal Glass berry bowls in the Golden Glory pattern for 59 cents a piece from SA. This pattern was produced from 1959 - 1966. 



My first vintage Jadite beaded rim, milk glass bowl from SA for 99 cents. It's in excellent condition!



2 FireKing cereal bowls in the Kimberley pattern from the 1950-60s, paid $3 for the pair from SA. 



I don't know too much about this bowl but loved the swirl detail, and aqua green colour. It didn't hurt that it only cost me 59 cents from SA.

Overall the thrifts have yielded some great vintage kitchenware at rock bottom prices. 

Until we thrift again...
AJ


5 comments:

  1. The little Fire King bowls are cute, they"re the greatest size!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Currently I'm using them for grapes!

      Delete
  2. I have 3 of those swirl bowls and I love them.
    http://farmgirlpink.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-pink-swirl-bowl.html

    I have been trying to verify what was sold in them. And it is looking like it was either cottage cheese or sour cream. Some type of dairy product. And probably sold in the 50's or 60's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! They are lovely~ maybe I'll stumble upon more.

      Delete
  3. Great finds, now I'm going to have to be on the look out for Federal milk glass. Those prices are astonishing, you're a lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete